Tweed Palliative Support (TPS)
Tweed Palliative Support provides award-winning palliative support services in the Tweed Shire.
The urgent need for home-based palliative care services was identified at a public meeting in 1998. Tweed Palliative Support Inc was then established and trained volunteer palliative support carers have provided at-home palliative support ever since. Their palliative support services include:
- Relieving carers so they can attend to other matters or take time out.
- Transporting clients to appointments and treatment centres.
- Providing hands-on personal care.
- Providing free loan of equipment such as electric beds, wheelchairs, recliner chairs and other aids.
- Providing an advocacy service for clients and for palliative services in general.
- Providing access to the two cancer support groups incorporated under the TPS umbrella.
- Providing access to bereavement support groups run by professionals that help to address issues of grief and loss.
Your help is needed – we are not government funded and to continue our valued free service we require your donations. Our service relies on community and corporate donations and bequests, along with fundraising through our events and Op Shops.
Please refer to the ‘Donate Online’ or ‘Donate’ section to choose a donation option that best suits you.
For more information about TPS: www.tweedpalliativesupport.com.au